Welcome to my blog!
Hello and thanks for stopping by! I'm a mama to my two sweet kiddos, Adalyn who is 2 and my new baby boy Mason. I started blogging after Adalyn was born as a way to write down memories for her to be able to look back at and ended up printing my first year's blog into a book so my babies have their childhood memories documented forever. By day, I'm a physical therapist. By night and weekend, I'm a loving wife to my husband Scott and a totally in love mama to my dear babies and the center of my world, Adalyn Rose and Mason Scott, along with our two furbabies. When I found out I was pregnant I knew I would "try" breastfeeding. Now that they are here, I'm a breastfeeding, babywearing, extended rearfacing, part-time co-sleeping, babyfood making, constantly researching mama. Some people call it crunchy... I call it living better for them... A little at a time! And this is our story...
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Mason is 1 month old!
This has seriously been the fastest 31 days of my life. Somehow my adorable little guy is already one month old! It's been a blur despite my greatest efforts to soak in every single moment. I'm making sure to use some of Adalyn's naptime every day to just cuddle him and stare at him and remember everything about him being this tiny.
Tiny is kind of a relative term. I never have teeny tiny babies. Adalyn was nearly 8 pounds at birth and so was this little guy. They were only 2 ounces off in size from each other. My babies tend to fly out of the starting gates with gaining weight, and Mason has been no exception. At his well visit this morning, everything was fabulous. He is healthy and growing like a little weed. He has gained two pounds and grown two inches since his birth-day. It makes me feel so good to know that my body, the milk that I make, is what is causing him to thrive! Such an awesome feeling...
He is really a happy guy. He generally sleeps and snuggles off and on throughout the day and gets one hour of fussy time in before he falls asleep. Bedtime is around 9:00 most nights and he gives me one good 4 hour stretch of sleep, wakes to nurse, and then another 2-3 hours of sleep before he is looking to nurse again. I'm certainly looking forward to those middle of the night nursing sessions getting further and further apart but really can't complain as he quickly fills his belly and drifts right back to sleep.
My little guy is a snuggler. He likes to be held by his mama and sometimes will fuss solely because he wants to be close to me. And right now, that's just fine by me. Kinda makes my heart melt to know that just being near me is enough to make him happy.
My biggest surprise? Little guy has BLUE eyes. I know nothing is set in stone with eye color until a little one reaches six months of age, but they are this deep blue-gray that I just love. He definitely gets this from me and my side of the family and I'm loving having one baby that resembles me from the get go.
One big difference between Adalyn and Mason is Mason's keen ability to spit up. I recall Adalyn spitting up on me once... EVER! This guy likes to guzzle his milk and I'm guessing gets a bit too much at times. He's certainly making use of his full closet of clothing as we go through multiple outfit changes a day. I did a dairy elimination diet for two weeks to see if he was having a reaction to the food I was eating and saw no change. Anyone who knows me can only imagine how miserable I was without milk or cheee for two entire weeks! Oh, the sacrifices we, as mothers, make! The pediatrician says it's normal and he is obviously gaining weight well and is a happy guy, so he isn't in pain, so there are no concerns of reflux. Just a spitty guy is all!
I'm not trying to rush these days by, the first few weeks of snuggles, especially when the babies froggy their legs up under them when you hold them against your chest, are certainly some of the sweetest, but I really can't wait until month number two when Mason will begin being able to see faces. This is so cool because he will begin to smile in response to our faces and coo in delight. It's so sweet when you get that first gummy smile out of them!
Until then, I'm just enjoying our snuggles and watching him snooze and be loved on by his big sister. These are the moments I never want to forget....
Daddy and I love you so much Mason. You have made our family feel so much more complete!
Always and forever...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment